by Adam Dunsby, First Selectman
Easton town government is your town government. We rely on volunteers to help run our town through our many boards and commissions. From time to time, the Board of Selectmen makes known openings on these various boards and commissions. If you are interested in one of the opportunities listed below or would just like to learn more, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agricultural Commission -one alternate position to fill an unexpired three-year term from 1-02-16 to 1-02-19
- Commission for the Aging -two alternate positions to fill unexpired three-year terms from 1-02-16 to 1-02-19 and 1-02-18 to 1-02-21
- Board of Finance -one alternate position to fill an unexpired six-year term from 1-02-17 to 1-02-23
- Planning and Zoning Commission -one member position to fill an unexpired five-year term from 1-02-18 to 1-02-23
- Conservation Commission -two alternate positions to fill unexpired three-year terms from 1-02-18 to 1-02-21 and from 1-02-16 to 1-02-19
- Park and Recreation Commission -one member position to fill an unexpired three year term 1-02-16 to 1-02-19
- 2017 Library Building Committee -two positions to fill open ended terms
- Easton Energy Task Force -two positions to fill open ended terms
Though not required, if you belong to a political party, you may wish to contact that town committee, as the parties often interview candidates and make recommendations to the Board of Selectmen.