by John McCleary
Thank you for selling out the Redding Road Race, “A Run For The Cows” super-fast, as usual!!
We’re going to have a lot of fun in the upcoming months. While I’m busy ordering gifts and assigning bib numbers here are a few race notes:
- Joan Benoit Samuelson will be our very special race guest this year. The last two year we had the greatest American male long distance runner at the race, so, it’s only fair that we now get the greatest American female long distance runner to join us!!
- Newsletters – we publish about 10 newsletters prior to the race – send me your human interest stories as these are the heart of the newsletters. Past newsletters can be viewed on the website.
- Sponsors – we’re always looking for Mile Marker Sponsors
- Pasta Dinner – We’re planning on doing some type of pre-race party with a band, a bar and a chance to meet Joan – stay tuned.
- Giveaways – Complimentary giveaways are better than ever – with registration, you will be getting: a coolmax shirt, coolmax hat, coffee mug, insulated lunch bag, cow bell, bumper sticker and personalized bib. Mighty Cow participants will also be getting an extra gift or two.
- Own an aid station – If you’re willing to get 4 or more volunteers together to “own an aid station” you registration will be refunded.
- Waiting list – The registration site has started waiting lists for all races. I don’t envision being able to accommodate any more 7 milers, but will be able to take in a few more half marathoners and Mighty Cowers. So, feel free to tell any friends who may have missed registration.
- Documentary – Check out our documentary, starring Bill Rodgers, Liz, Ann, Sharon and Heather. It’s on the front page of the website (along with other videos) and, if you haven’t watched it, it’s worth the 23 minutes.
- Host Hotel – La Quinta Inn, $94 night I think?? 116 Newtown Rd, Danbury CT 06810, 203-798-1200, tell them you’re running the race.