- April 10-24: Collection Drive to benefit Women’s Center of Greater Danbury, all schools + library + Famous Pizza + Cream and Sugar + Bethel Music Center
- April 23: Summer’s BEST 2018 Registration, starting at 7:00 am
- April 24: SAT/PSAT Testing (rescheduled from March 21), Grades 9-11
- April 26: BHS Freshmen Community Service Day
- April 26: STEAM Expo, BHS, 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
- April 26: Self Advocacy Workshop for Teen Girls, Danbury Library, 4:45-7:00 pm
- April 28: Color Burst 5K RESCHEDULED!
- May 15: REBOUND: The Chris Herren Story, BHS Auditorium, 7:00 pm
- BHS students Juliet Finn, Caroline Nordmann, Leah Graham, Lorennah Granfors, Mia Manna, and Catherine Quinn will have their work displayed at Weir Farm in Wilton as part of the Dream Rocket project!
- BHS student Stephen Alfaro has received a grant from The Center for Gifted and Talented Youth @ Johns Hopkins University!
- BHS student Jacqi Pijnenburg has been invited to attend the regional awards ceremony for the art she created for the HRRA Recycling Poster contest!
- BHS student Katelyn Medina was recognized at the CT Association of Schools ART Awards dinner as Bethel High School’s Visual ARTS outstanding student artist!
- All three teams of the BPS Winter Guard (Juniors, JV, and Seniors) took 1st place in the Musical Arts Conference Championship!
- BHS student Eryn Daubert won First Place at the local level for the VFW Young American Creative Patriotic ART Awards, and her piece, “Americana” is now moving on to the statewide competition!
High School Graduation
Graduation will be held on on Tuesday, June 19, 2018, at 6:00 pm at the O’Neill Center of Western Connecticut State University. All seniors will receive ten graduation tickets, which can be picked up in the BHS Library Learning Commons beginning on Friday, June 8. If necessary, additional tickets can be obtained at no charge. In order for seniors to receive tickets, all outstanding obligations (class dues, lost/damaged book fees, parking tickets, fines) must be settled, including Service Learning hours and completion of the Capstone. If handicap access is needed, please contact the main office at (203) 794-8600 ext. 1405.
Seniors are to be at the O’Neill Center promptly at 3:45 p.m. on Tuesday June 19 for the rehearsal. Seniors should have lunch before they arrive. A concession stand will be open after the rehearsal. Guests will be admitted at 5:15 pm. Each guest must present a graduation ticket upon entering. Graduating students will wear graduation robes and are expected to dress appropriately. Collared shirts, blouses, dress slacks, skirts, dresses, ties, and appropriate shoes are the expected apparel. Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, sneakers, sandals or flip-flops are not to be worn. Students are not to paint, color, draw upon or deface their mortar boards.
We remind both parents and students that school rules are still in effect. Parents and students should be aware that any student who is suspected of using alcohol or drugs, or who behaves in an inappropriate manner during the ceremony, will be escorted from the ceremony. Because of recent events in schools and the climate of our times, senior pranks are strictly forbidden. Pranks can be costly to the school, can be disruptive to the educational process and can be dangerous. As a result, we ask that you discourage your son/daughter from participating in any senior prank. Please understand that any engagement in a prank or disruptive behavior will result in disciplinary action and possible exclusion from the graduation ceremony. Graduation is the culmination of 12 years of academic study. It is our wish to mark this milestone by providing the graduates, parents/guardians, and guests with a dignified and memorable ceremony. We hope that this information is helpful, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation. Feel free to contact the main office at the high school if you have any further questions or concerns at (203) 794-8600.
Christopher M. Troetti, Principal
Gary M. Lawlor, Assistant Principal
Mari Lerz, Assistant Principal
(Excerpted from the BHS Weekly Newsletter)