Off The Streets is looking for community assitance. Furniture collections are the first Saturday of each month from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon behind the United Methodist Church, 141 Greenwood Avenue. Please go here to find a list of items in need. Financial support is necessary and always welcomed. Aside from a remarkably meager monthly overhead of $20, all monetary donations go to the organization. Finally, anyone with a pick-up or box truck is invited to help with furniture distribution.
Director Crystal Morgan chose to stage this production for two reasons. First, the show’s large cast and pit orchestra allows for the participation of many students. Second, the show offers a story line that continues to be relevant today: workers’ rights. The added undercurrent of romance only adds to its relevance.
Performers Madeline Olexy (Babe) and Spencer Hall (Hines) are excited to present this show to the public. Olexy calls her character “amazing, strong, independent and powerful.” Hall, for whom The Pajama Game is his first show, says that he is playing someone who is “multidimensional: jealous, loving and demanding.” For Senior Catherine Galliford, The Pajama Game is her first opportunity to be a Stage Manager. She says that she and her crew of 15 have been having a great time working with the set and props of this show.
Mrs. Morgan is proud of how the cast, crew, and musicians have overcome the weather-related rehearsal disruptions since January to reach this point. She adds that the set construction help she has received from parents has been tremendous.
- March 20: Public Hearing on town and education budget at BHS, 7:00 pm. (Snow date March 22at BMS, 7:00 pm). Childcare provided.
- March 21: SAT/PSAT Testing Day at BHS
- March 23: Winterguard Friends and Family Night, BMS gym, 7:00-9:00 pm
- March 23-25: The Pajama Game, Bethel High School Auditorium. See article!
- March 26: Department of Disabilities Overview, Board of Ed Conference Room, March 26, 7:00-8:30 pm
- March 27: Financial Aid Night, BHS Auditorium, 6:30 pm
- March 28: Helping Parents and Caregivers Create Practical Reinforcement Systems in the Home (for pre-K-3rd grade), Board of Ed Conference Room, March 26, 7:00-8:30 pm
- April 3: Life Course Planning, a Special Education presentation, Board of Ed Conference Room, March 26, 7:00-8:30 pm
- April 7: BMS Color Burst 5K Walk/Run
- April 7: Bethel Education Foundation’s Barnum Ball