Shannon said, “Here’s something you don’t see every day… the International Space Station passed in front of the sun for 0.46 seconds this afternoon, and it was visible along a very narrow path through Easton. I didn’t have time to get a proper focus, but still managed to catch it.” Amazing!
Author: Stella Evans
Christ Church, Easton announces its second annual community summer concert series: Concerts on the Hill, scheduled to take place Wednesday evenings this July and August. These family-friendly concerts are perfect for a picnic. BYOB or purchase craft beer, wine and soda, along with delicious grub from local food trucks such as Szabo’s, Mecha Noodle Bar, Pierogies on Wheels, Mexican by Renowned Chef and TV Personality Sue Torres and more!!
The Concerts on the Hill line-up features:
- July 11 – Old School (Classic Rock Band) – Rock out to your favorites with Old School, a rock cover band hailing from Norwalk that performs all the classic oldies that will make you want to dance!
- July 18 – Bedlam Brothers String Band (Traditional) – Time for the fiddle, banjo, hammered dulcimer, bass, steel guitar, concertina, guitar, accordion, and vocals! This is music that is melodic and rhythmic and appeals to both adults and children, with music from the British Isles, Appalachia, Ireland and some contemporary acoustic music as well.
- July 25 – Hitch and the Giddyup (Bluegrass) — Moving skillfully between traditional folk, progressive bluegrass, and countrified Americana, Hitch & the Giddyup trade in the musical wares of soulful singing, hot picking, and deft song craft.
- August 8 – Amber Anchor (Acoustic) — Join us for a hometown Easton-based favorite! Amber Anchor builds upon the great tradition of American folk, with a charming rendition of folk and bluegrass that summons a nostalgia for America’s early days.
- August 15 – The Alpaca Gnomes (Rock, Folk, Jam) – Featuring a 7 piece original rock/folk band collective that brings musical joy and overall giddyness to all people of all races in all places!
Concert admission is $5 per person, and free to children 12 and younger. Admission and food opens at 6 PM, concerts start at 6:30. Christ Church Easton is located at 59 Church Road, Easton, CT 06612. For more information, go to www.christchurcheaston.com, https://www.facebook.com/
About Christ Church, Easton: Christ Church, is a friendly, service oriented, welcoming Episcopal Church with weekly services on Sundays, weekly meditation and so much more. At Christ Church people gather together to deepen their connection to God and people. They are open-minded and welcoming to all, and are each on a journey of discovery, believing that we are made for joy and peace. For more information, visit the parish website at www.christchurcheaston.com