1. Hello, NewsCT (which includes hello, ReddingCT and hello, EastonCT) does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you transmit, submit, display or publish (“post”) on, through or in connection with hello, Redding. After posting your Content on, through or in connection with hello, Redding, you continue to retain any such rights that you may have in your Content, subject to the limited license herein. By posting any Content on, through or in connection with hello, Redding, you hereby grant to hello, Redding limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on, through or in connection with hello, Redding, including, without limitation, through hello, Redding to applications, widgets, websites or mobile, desktop or other services which are linked with your hello, Redding account (collectively, “Linked Services”), including, without limitation, distributing part or all of hello, Redding and any Content included therein, in any media formats and through any media channels. You understand and agree that once Content is distributed to a Linked Service or incorporated into other aspects of hello, Redding, hello, Redding is under no obligation to delete or ask other Users or a Linked Service to delete that Content, and therefore it may continue to appear and be used indefinitely.
2. The license you grant to Hello, NewsCT is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to Hello, NewsCT), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that Hello, NewsCT is not required to pay you or anyone else deriving rights from you for the use on hello, Redding of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that hello, Redding is able to use its affiliates, subcontractors and other partners such as Internet content delivery networks and wireless carriers to provide hello, Redding), and worldwide .
3. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on, through or in connection with Hello, NewsCT, or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this Section 6, and (ii) the posting of your Content on, through or in connection with hello, Redding and/or Linked Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person or entity by reason of the use of any Content posted by you on or through hello, Redding and/or Linked Services.
4. Hello, NewsCT content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and Hello, NewsCT owns and retains all rights in Hello, NewsCT Content and Hello, NewsCT. Hello, NewsCT hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display hello, Redding Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the Hello, NewsCT website and email blogs and using Hello, NewsCT.
5. Except as provided within this Agreement, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, sell or otherwise use any Content appearing on or through Hello, NewsCT.
6. Hello, NewsCT performs technical functions necessary to offer Hello, NewsCT, including, but not limited to, the technical processing and transmission of email communications to perform the email service, and transcoding and/or reformatting Content to allow its use throughout Hello, NewsCT. In addition, you agree and acknowledge that Hello, NewsCT may send messages including, but not limited to, notifications, special offers, promotions, commercial advertisements, and marketing materials, in connection with hello, Redding. You can control what type of communications you receive from hello, Redding by logging into your account and choosing the appropriate notifications settings or by following the unsubscribe instructions contained at the bottom of commercial emails.
7. Hello, NewsCT reserves the right to limit the storage capacity of Content that you post on, through or in connection with hello, Redding.