Just a few more spots left….
REGISTRATION LINK: https://runsignup.com/Race/Register/?raceId=51003
The 2019 race promises to be the best one ever:
• Race Day: Sunday May 5th; New Pond Farm Education Center
• Kara, Adam and Colt Goucher along with Bill Rodgers will be special guests
• Kara, Adam and Bill will lead a free informal/warmup 5k on Saturday, May 4th
• We’ll most likely do a pasta dinner the night before the race with our special guests
• By popular demand, we’ve added a new race, The Mighty Cow 10.1. This is a 5K race at 7:20am followed by the 7 mile race at 8:35am. This joins the ongoing Mighty Cow 16.2 Race which is the 5K + the half marathon. All Mighty participants will receive a mooveloulsy awesome Cow fashion hoodie.
The Redding Board of Education help a listening session at the Mark Twain Library on Thursday night. The purpose was to hear from the public about items they felt were of importance before the new budget was formulated.
About a dozen residents attended. The Board of Education was on hand to answer questions, as well as Superintendent of Schools Tom McMorran and Assistant Superintendent Stephanie Pierson Ugol.
Items covered included communication and budget drivers. Dr. McMorran spoke frankly about the needs and wants for the schools and the drivers that would make the budget number rise, even if nothing was added.
Enrichment was discussed at length. As a pullout, the Enrichment class will most likely not be reinstated but parents were assured that the students were receiving enrichment from their classroom teachers.
ALL Reddingites are invited to attend the budget workshops to become informed on the upcoming budget. Please come to meetings to listen and make your thoughts heard during the Public Comment segments. Board members are also accessible by email. Videos of meetings, minutes and the budgets themselves will be available on ER9.org