Redding and Easton parents are invited to attend this Weston event.
A Presentation by Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
Weston Middle School Library
24 School Road, Weston CT
February 28, 2018
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
(Inclement weather make-up date March 7, 2018)
Presented by Yale Parent RULER staff Kathryn Lee and Madeline Chafee
Emotions matter! Our emotions impact our attention, memory, learning, decision making, relationships, and physical and mental health.
Family life is the first place we learn to recognize, understand and manage our emotions. How can we, as parents, provide our children with the experiences that they will need to make sense of their feelings and the feelings of others? How can we demonstrate the importance of ‘choice’ when responding to our own feelings and the feelings of others?
Join us for an interactive workshop to learn about how our school is working to create a positive emotional climate for learning and developing the social and emotional skills of our school leaders, teachers and students. Family members will learn about the science of emotional intelligence and how we are applying the skills of emotional intelligence in our school with RULER. You’ll learn how to use emotional intelligence to help build trusting relationships at home while developing skills that will serve your child for a lifetime.
The following was shared by Dr. Gina Pin at the last Region 9 Board of Ed meeting. Ms. Pin explained that it was a sampling of recognition received by Barlow students
- Jonathan Lam has been named a finalist in the National Merit Scholarship
- Sean Mullin and Rachel Wagner participated n the CT STEM Fair. Rachel placed 3rd in the Environmental proposal category
- The following students have art displayed in the “Teen Visions” Art Show at Sacred Heart.
- Isabelle Noome- first place for scratchboard drawing
- Elizabeth Chan
- Madigan Stichter
- Ashely Milone
- Charlotte Leibell
- Layla Arici
- Alyse Neville
- Savannah Gonzalez- second place for photograph
- Bea Gregory
- Julia Krepsztul
- Madalyn Miglioro
- The CT Music Educators Association All-State Music Festival Honors Choir includes these Barlow students
- Sophie Bacas
- Riley D’Agostino
- Carly Monson
- Nic Morris
- Melissa Colangelo won 5th place novice speaker at the New Canaan regional
- Ella Chen and Melani Zuckerman were undefeated in varsity
- First semester Barlow spotlight breakfast recognizes leadership, character and service
- Charlie Condosta
- Savannah Gonzalez
- Eve Grassie
- Colin Holm-Hansen
- Aidan Kelly
- Jake Lambrech
- Madalyn Miglioro
- Amanda Peterson
- Calvin Peterson
- Kaitlyn Siedman
- Rachel Wagnner
- Melani Zuckerman